The South East Business Boost Programme is a catalyst for growth, providing business support and grants to SMEs in East Sussex, Essex, Kent and Medway.
Our support is completely free, but there are eligibility requirements that each business (and any linked businesses) must meet. Guidelines are listed below, and our team of advisors and officers will confirm your eligibility when you register your interest.
If you have any questions about how these criteria apply to your business, contact the Programme Management Team on 01702 215368.
We are unable to provide support to businesses from certain sectors, including:
- Fisheries and aquaculture
- Primary production, processing and marketing of agriculture products
- Synthetic fibres
- Statutory services; education, healthcare, etc.
- Banking, insurance and other financial services
- You must employ no more than 250 full time equivalent (FTE) staff
- Your annual turnover must be less than €50 million OR have an annual balance sheet that is less than €43 million
Your organisation must be an Enterprise. Typically, this means your primary focus is offering goods/services on a commercial basis. The key is the presence of this economic activity, rather than the structure of the organisation. An Enterprise might be a:
- Sole Trader
- Unincorporated Association
- Limited Partnership, Limited Company, or a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
- Industrial and Provident Society (I&P or IPS)
You must be best within the South East Local Enterprise Partnership area – East Sussex, Essex and Kent and Medway.
There are also local Growth Hubs in these areas that can further support your business.
Your business must have received less than €200,000 of De Minimis State Aid over the last three fiscal years. Our team can help you to understand whether this applies to you.
We are not able to support businesses that are judged to be “in difficulty”. We will therefore ask to see your company accounts before confirming any grant offer.
Full details about the eligibility criteria is available here, but we advise you to get in touch with you team ASAP if you have questions as they will be able to help quickly.