South East Business Boost (SEBB) New Enterprise Grants
There are a limited amount of 100% funded cash back grants of £1000-£2000 available for businesses under 12 months old. The business must be trading and have an existing business offer i.e., a product or service to sell. It would need to be shown that the items purchased using the grant will assist in growing the business.
You can apply for support under the SEBB New Enterprise Grant Programme if you meet the following criteria:
- Be a sole trader, partnership, limited company or a not for profit business
- Currently have fewer than 250 employees
- Not have received more than £172,000 in Government grants over the last three years.
- Have a turnover of less than £43m
The main goal of the programme is to support businesses with the introduction of new to firm products and services and the creation of full time jobs and to provide growth for new enterprises that show promising growth in their first few months.
A number of sectors are ineligible for support including:
- Fisheries Aquaculture
- Steel and Shipbuilding
- Synthetic fibres
- Banking and Insurance
- Membership organisations that are politically affiliated
- Charities and voluntary sector organisations that are not using a trading arm.
The programme can support your business by offering a grant towards a growth project for businesses less than 12 months old. Please note we are unable to support pre-start businesses.
I’m interested! What Next?
Complete the expression of interest form here ensuring you tick the ‘less than 12 months old’ box to be considered for this grant.
Once approved by the panel the eligible expenses must be paid for, and evidenced, by the business, prior to claiming and receiving the agreed grant amount from the SEBB Programme. A maximum of 5 items may be applied for with a minimum value of £100.00 per item.